Dec 30, 2013

A Very Queentastic Haul-idays

hello dear reader. I've had such a lovely holiday time this year. I spent it in the capital with family and relatives. The time with your nearest and dearest is truly priceless and I'm beyond grateful to be surrounded by these people.

I do find it quite entertaining to get a peek of what have others found under a Christmas tree, and I myself am no exception so I'm sharing the haul as well.


On the second day of Christmas we took advantage of our stay at the capital and visited what we don't have in our town, H&M and Ikea for instance.

Oriflame bits under a mini Christmas tree: cute nail files and an almond lip balm

Cutest rose gold knuckle rings from H&M

The bestest part of the gifts. "Parisian Chic: A Style Guide by Ines de la Fressange". A book I skimmed through at the bookstore a few weeks before Christmas but mentioned it to no one. Good thing Santa knows me well. A gorgeous glossy pages guide to the effortlessly chic wardrobe, beauty and life style.

"A basket made of wickerwork is way better than a fake designer handbag"

"Shop at H&M, but at men instead of women section". Now that took me aback!

This says it's better to own a single pair of perfect shoes than a bunch of 'okay' shoes. Quality over quantity is one of the keys in this book.

I'm only halfway through the 'style' part of this guide, it contains three more: beauty, interior, Ines' favorite places in Paris. The latter is going to come in handy when I'll be visiting Paris (sometime in the future).

Haul-idays continued in Ikea! I brought this pretty clothes rack, the instagram famous floral bedding and a pretty plain stool because I needed one for my dressing table. 
I wanted to say this finally makes my bedroom seem like a girl is its occupant, but I realize how much of a nonsense it is. I mean, have you seen my bedroom, haha. Having a few clothes out in the open only intensifies that chic vibe.


Shoes from the same trip to H&M and the mentioned stool.


And that's a wrap to my Christmas haul, 
see you next year!



bisou bisou,
Julia






6 comments:

  1. Love the clothes rail, if I had enough room in my bedroom I would totally have one myself! The booties are adorable too ;)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boots! I need the rail as well :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the look of clothes rails, i would have one in my room if i had enough space they just look so chic and cool xxx
    mollyox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those boots, and the rings are so pretty!
    Your photography is amazing. :)
    Stephanie | a place for my thoughts and loves

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the clothes rack and your h&m purchases! also completely agree that it's better to have one great pair of shoes instead of lots of 'okay' ones!

    xo Sarah
    http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely pictures! I too have the rose bed sheets and that clothing rack! And those boots are really pretty!
    Stella xx

    ReplyDelete