Jan 5, 2015

December Favorites

DECEMBER FAVORITES

04 / 01 / 2015

In the midst of everyone doing their 2014 Favorites, I am bringing you mine. Except they're just December faves. I'm really glad to have discovered some really awesome bits and bobs towards the end of 2014 which are definitely here to stay with me throughout the year of 2015 too.


COLLECTION Lip Definer in 01 Nude Pink
My love for lip liners continues to blossom. In fact, I have bought a few more just the other day. Spoiler alert: they're already in my January favorites. But this time I'm talking about this Collection one which has a bit of a misleading name as it's not a pink at all. The shade is a beautifully muted red which is basically my all time favorite version of red. It's well-pigmented and of course, matte, but not drying at all. Overall it's perfect for an everyday red lip without being over the top. Plus, you can define your lips with a precision you'll never achieve using a lipstick. Lip liners, girl. What a great invention.

MAYBELLINE Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow in 40 Permanent Taupe
I've fallen head over heels for this little multi-tasker in a pot. If I'm wearing shadow, 99% of the time I'll be using this to define the crease. It blends perfectly, you can even create a day-time smokey eye look within a few minutes only! I also use this to fill in and define my brows. However, it's too light for me (blondes would love it!) so I always go over with a powder that's dark enough for me. And it holds the powder intact all day. It's obviously not kidding when it says 24 hour eyeshadow.

NIVEA Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia
Just like the Color Tattoo, this butter too, has had its fair share of praise this past year. And knowing me, I take forever to jump the bandwagon. But eventually I do end up there! And with this product, I'm definitely taking the side of its lovers. I carry this pot around me 24/7, I simply have to have it with me at all times. It's sitting right next to my laptop as I'm typing this. My lips absolutely love it. It's moisturizing and nourishing. And buttery enough to have a decent staying power, but I do end up re-applying it more than I should, because I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to the scent. 

MAYBELLINE Great Lash Mascara, waterproof
So basically, I needed a new mascara, and I only buy a new one when I run out of the previous one. Which was a waterproof one and has totally converted me into never using a non-waterproof formula again. As we all know, Maybelline does some really great mascaras and they come out with new ones at what seems like regular intervals of time. There was definitely something new on their counter when I was shopping and oddly enough, I found myself picking up this Great Lash one. It's one of those drugstore classics which I have never got around to try so it was about time; I gave it a shot. I wouldn't say it's something out of ordinary, but I do love it a lot. Holds the curl throughout the whole day, definitely lenghtens. I wish it was a bit more volumizing and separating, but it's buildable!

BALM BALM Little Miracle Rosehip Serum
They called it little miracle for a reason, you know. It truly is a bottled wonder. I use it 1-2 times a day to rejuvenate my currently dehydrated skin. I love that it absorbs the product quite quick and I'm not left looking all grease-tastic. Apparently it's because it contains oils very similar to our own skin's oils so it takes no time to sink into skin. I'm loving the packaging as well; it comes with a pipette dispenser so it makes my life ten times easier. I wish more oil treatments had that. 

AVEENO Daily Moisturising Lotion
I might have mentioned this, but I'm a sucker for hand creams. I absolutely must apply one after washing my hands, I simply cannot comprehend how am I the only person I know who does that. Therefore, I run out of hand creams in no time and am constantly looking for/buying new ones. Ladies, I think I found the one. I had a little sample sized tube of this and I just had to run to Boots to get a full size after using it up. The reason it's so amazing is that it sinks into my skin within seconds and leaves my hands dry afterwards. I know, sounds weird. They're dry, but they're moisturized at the same time. You know how you always have to wait a bit for the product to sink in, after rubbing it into your hands. I personally can't even use my phone for like 10 minutes, because my hands are still feeling quite greasy. This lotion, however, is truly a miracle. I'm a little sad they don't make it in smaller amounts; I can't put this gigantic tube in my bag! 

Double pearl earrings
This lovely pair of earrings is simply one of the best in the whole earring history. Dior, ya done good. It looks incredibly elegant and chic. So chic. Mine are not Dior, of course. (One dolla on ebay, hollaaaaah.) I cannot justify spending my month's rent on a pair of earrings. Well, I do justify it, I simply can't afford it yet.

Invisibobble Traceless Hair Rings
This is another great discovery, a 'where-have-you-been-all-my-life' kind of discovery. Now I can put my hair up without even feeling like my hair's tied. These rings doesn't pull your hair or hurt or damage it in any way. They might look quite funky at first sight (vintage phone cords, anyone?), but you have to try it. I give you my word, you're gonna want to throw all your hair elastics away after trying these.


Now this was quite a post, I can't remember the last time I wrote this much on my blog. I must say it definitely feels good. And I'd feel even better if someone read all that! I truly love the products I described above, is anyone using some of this stuff as well? Tell me in the comments!

bisou bisou,
Julia




3 comments:

  1. Such lovely picks! I really love Aveeno body lotions and I need to try the Nivea lip butter, it sounds so nice x

    SophiesMakeupBlog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like amazing faves and the lip balm seems amazing and I love the mascara.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turiu irgi tokius auskariukus, ir jie man taaaaaaaaaaip patinkaaaa. Tokie paprasti, bet nepaprastai atrodantys daaah <33

    http://outsidevogue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete