Jan 11, 2015

HOW TO: SUNDAY

Sundays are miserable. Unless you're on holiday, like yours truly. But otherwise, Sundays are miserable. Therefore, I am bringing you a very cliché solution: relax and indulge. I want to share some of this week's discoveries of mine which might just brighten your remaining evening of Sunday. 

Dance and cinematography aficionados (I belong to the latter) may have seen the ultimate Paris fantasy which goes by the name of Haut Vol in which a perfect pas de deux runs over the city's rooftops. If you have a minute and a half to spare, do watch this rather too short for one's artistic cravings yet undoubtedly breathtaking ballet across the rooftops of Paris video

If you've already got your hands on February's Elle UK issue, you'll have seen a Jean-Paul Goude's editorial Showtime which depicts a frenetic backstage of a fashion show. In my opinion, this ambitious photo shoot is truly a highlight of this issue. And that should say a lot, because the magazine also has a Rosie HW spread in it. I put this under the Read category, but it's not the Elle article I want to share. I found Taylor's blog post much more interesting! She'll take you on a tour of fashion show backstage so you'll get the taste of how frantic yet exciting things are behind the curtain.

Gabrielė is not this week's discovery, but lately I've been really enjoying the updates on her Instagram profile. She's one of those very few people whose selfies I don't mind in the slightest whilst scrolling through the app. And I have her blog in the bookmarks' dock on my browser; so the blog's a pretty big deal too! If this is the first you're hearing about Gabrielė, stalk away. You'll love this girl!

And at last, but certainly not the least, brownies. I definitely stepped up my brownie game this week when I finally decided to look up how to make these fudgy ones. Don't get me wrong, my brownies weren't bad. But they always turned out quite dry when all I wanted was rich and chocolatey and almost wet and doughy inside. Laura's recipe rocks my world now. She uses the same ingredients as me, the method however is a bit defferent and it makes all the change. Now I'm just stopping myself from baking these every other day. 










DANCE ON THE ROOFTOPS VIDEO | SHOWTIME ON ELLE UK, TAYLOR'S BLOG POST | GABRIELE'S BLOG AND INSTAGRAM | FUDGY BROWNIES RECIPE


bisou bisou,
Julia




1 comment:

  1. Lovely post and I love that ballet video and makes me want to go to ballet again after the winter break.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete