Jan 9, 2015

La Roche Posay: Thoughts So Far

La Roche Posay has been one my most anticipated brands to try out and I don't know what took me this long to finally do so. Might be the fact that accessibility of these products is way better here in UK than it was back in Lithuania. Also might be the fact that I've decided to take better care of my skin and build up a proper routine. A product of La Roche Posay happened to be one of the first ones in my currently quite solid skincare routine.







These are the only products I've got from LRP so far (well, I have just received one more, but it's way too early to build up an opinion on it) and I've been using them for a few months. Therefore, I feel like the time has come for a review. All of them are from their Effaclair range which targets oily, blemish-prone skin. I'll start off with the one I purchased first, back in October. (I'm almost out of it!)


Effaclair Mat, Sebo-regulating Moisturizer

I'm really glad this was my first buy from LRP as it turned out to work very well on my skin. First of all, it does exactly what it claims: the moisturizer helps to limit the appearance of pores and shine by reducing excess sebum. Mattifying products always make me think of drying products. This, however, has just the right amount of hydration in it; thus my skin feels moisturized, but the opposite of greasy. It sinks into my skin relatively quick and leaves it perfectly matte and so SO smooth and soft. It doubles for a primer too. I wear it on its own or under my makeup. If you have oily skin and are looking for a moisturizer - you'll love it.


Effaclair Duo+, Unclogging, Anti-imperfections Care

I think I purchased this in the beginning of December without even knowing it's been some sort of a cult product of 2014. I must have good intuition! It definitely deserves all the hype and praise. And I suppose there was some if it's really been a cult product. What it does? It's basically supposed to fix your skin. Spots, blemishes, clogged pores - be gone! It's supposed to help you get rid of all the imperfections. And let me tell you, it works. It dries out my break outs and helps get rid of any redness the latter leaves. It's a perfect product if you're seeking a clearer skin. The way I use it, it's that I apply it only to those troublesome areas instead of the whole face. The only reason being is that it does dry out my skin; I'd rather have my zits dried out rather than my whole face.


Effaclair H, Multi-compensating Soothing Moisturizer

Now this was the very first LRP product I've heard of; it's been introduced in one of A Model Reccomends videos and since that time I couldn't get this brand out of my head. Effaclair H would be amazing for people who constantly use those drying, acne-targeted treatments. Because those products do dry out your skin and you're kind of afraid of moisturizing it in case it causes even more acne! Well, the Effaclair H is designed for that. It moisturizes skin which lacks hydration, without producing sebum. Lately I've been wearing this under my makeup too, because my skin's been feeling dry. So this is actually a perfect product for all skin types. Especially now, in Winter, when the harsh weather seems to suck all the moisture out of your skin.


Overall...

I would highly recommend these 3 products for anyone with oily, blemish-prone skin. This truly is a whole package: you have something that gets rid of your zits, something that hydrates your skin, and something that mattifies it!


Even though I've done quite a reasonable amount of reviews now, I still feel like I'm not good at it and leave out half of the important stuff. So if you have questions about any of these products, do ask in the comments!
All in all, I'm really glad to have included La Roche Posay into my skincare. Would you like me to do my full routine post? With cleansers, oils and so on!


bisou bisou,
Julia








No comments:

Post a Comment